Thursday, February 26, 2009

Talon Firebird Loudspeakers

I was curious enough to walk into a listening room to listen to Talon Firebird Loudspeakers because of its pyramid shaped look. All the equipment used were Krell CD player to Krell pre and power amplifiers. Powercords, interconnects and speakers used were transparent cables.

Talon loudspeakers were placed about 8 feet apart and I was sitting about 10 feet from the centre zone in between the loudspeakers.

Once the system started, I was amazed by the huge soundstage and depth it portrayed. Diana Krall, deep vocal, was singing about 12 feet from me. As these speakers is slightly thin in the mid, it just sounds right. I asked for a Sheffield lab drum demo. Wow, every strike of the drum is quick with authority.

It was a fruitful day whereby I enjoyed the Talon Firebird Loudspeakers dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment