Sunday, March 1, 2009

ATC SCM 50 Passive Loudspeakers

I have heard both awful comments and wonderful comments about ATC loudspeakers. So I run into one of my friend's house for a listen. He was using Accuphase CD player and Accupahse pre and power amplifiers.

Before I would ask anything, he exclaimed that this pair of loudspeakers really needs a good pair of amplifiers to draw out the juices. I usually thought that ported loudspeakers are easy to drive. I read through the specifications and it states that its sensitivity is 85db@1 meeter.

I just ask him for a switch to a normal amplifier and true enough with warm-up, I just couldn't listen for more than a minute! Switch back to the pre and power amplifiers brings life into the loudspeakers. It is one of the most neutral loudspeakers I ever heard. Some might considered it dark sounding without the 'air'. Come on, if you want to be in a studio with the singer or drummer beside you, this is a pair of loudspeakers for you.

True enough, good loudspeakers require good electronics to sound its best!

http://lasvegasproaudio.com/atcstmo.html

No comments:

Post a Comment